Join UWNCM in demonstrating the power of kindness for Random Acts of Kindness Week from February 14-20, including Random Acts of Kindness Day on Wednesday, February 17.
Now more than ever, everyone can use a little kindness. When you perform an act of kindness, you inspire others to be kind as well, and you’ll also feel great—studies have shown that being kind can increase your energy level and help you feel calmer and happier.
This year, Random Acts of Kindness Week begins on Valentine’s Day, Feb 14, so you can start by doing sometime sweet for your Valentine and then spread the kindness all week! Here are 12 ideas, including many acts of kindness you can do from home and at a distance:
- Make and deliver a meal or care package for someone who is staying at home right now
- Sign up for a virtual or socially-distanced volunteer opportunity through the United Way Volunteer Center
- Give a genuine compliment to someone
- Make a donation to charity
- Reach out to a local food bank to see how you can get involved
- Be kind to yourself by practicing self-care—take a break, go on a walk, or treat yourself to something special
- Call someone to check in or just to say “Hi”
- Spend some extra time playing with your cat, dog, or other companion animal at home
- Support a local restaurant by ordering food for take-out or delivery—and give an extra generous tip
- Sign up for AmazonSmile so that a percentage of your purchases will go to charity
- Contact your local animal shelter to see how you can help them right now, including donating much-needed supplies
- Send someone a positive text message or funny video
For even more ideas, visit randomactsofkindness.org.