One word drives United Way – results. We are focused on delivering a return-on-investment. It is more than how much money was raised or the number of programs funded. It’s about ADVANCING THE COMMON GOOD.
Advancing the common good means creating opportunities for a better life for all.
• When we reach out a hand to one, we influence the condition of all
• We all win when a child succeeds, when families are financially stable and when people have good health.
• These results / changes have benefits that ripple out to the community as a whole.
EDUCATION INCOME & HEALTH
There are basic things that we all need for a good life: a quality education that leads to a stable job, income that can support a family through retirement, and good health.
• United Way is focused on the building blocks for a better life:
- Education—Helping Children and Youth Achieve Their Potential
- Income—Promoting Financial Stability and Independence
- Health—Improving People’s Health
Our goal is to create long-lasting changes by addressing the underlying causes of problems.
• We don’t just address the symptoms of a problem. We go deeper to get at the underlying causes.
Living united means being a part of the change.
• It takes everyone in the community working together to create a brighter future.
• Together, we can accomplish more than any single group can on its own.
• Give. Advocate. Volunteer. LIVE UNITED.